Things we can all do to make sure that this preliminary hearing turns into something more substantial:
- Contact every member of the Judiciary and insist that they attend the hearing! The hearing is on a Friday and they usually don’t work on Fridays. Faxing is absolutely worth a try. If you wish to email them in one fell swoop, do so here.
- To leave a comment on voicemail, the Democrats’ House Judiciary Office is 202-225-3951 and the Republicans’ is 202-225-6504. Remember that NINE House Republicans voted to send Kucinich’s latest impeachment proposal, H.Res.1345 — which stated that Bush had lied to Congress to get authorization for his invasion of Iraq — to the Judiciary Committee: Brady (TX), Gilchrest (MD), Walter Jones (NC), Manzullo (IL), Tim Murphy (PA), Ron Paul (TX), Reichert (WA), Christopher Shays (CT), and Mike Turner (OH)
- Call your Representative (Congressional Switchboard: 1-800-828-0498) and urge him/her to call for formal hearings in the Judiciary (preferably to begin prior to the commencement of the August recess 2 weeks after July 25. Ask him/her to sign Kucinich’s resolutions to impeach Bush (H.Res.1258 and H.Res.1345). Thus far, Wexler (FL-19), Woolsey (CA-6), Barbara Lee (CA-9), Hinchey (NY-22), Baldwin (WI-02), Farr (CA-17), and Towns (NY-10) have co-sponsored H.Res.1258 and Wexler (FL-19) and Barbara Lee (CA-9) have co-sponsored H.Res.1345.
- Send an “official” email to your Representative via Rep. Dennis Kucinich’s impeachment petition.
- Contact the mainstream media and insist that they report on the impeachment issue and cover the July 25th hearing. Write a letter to your local newspaper. Email and/or call national media outlets. A list of various media outlets can be found here.
- Spread the word.
Good night, and good luck.